The Difference Incapacity Planning Can Make

We help clients and their families prepare for and progress through the hardships and turmoil of the third stage of life by providing incapacity planning. Because we know the emotional and physical difficulties of aging, our firm is dedicated to bringing this much-needed service to all elderly individuals and their families. That is why we come to you. We meet you in the comfort of your own surroundings to discuss your personal situation and family needs.

Do I Need An Attorney?

To determine if you need an attorney for incapacity planning in Florida, ask yourself the following questions:

  • I am not sure if I have a revocable trust or an irrevocable trust – what’s the difference, and what do they do?
  • I need my son to help me with my bills and banking – if I give him power of attorney, do I lose all my rights?
  • Everyone in my family knows that I want the doctors to let me die in peace, so why do I need a special document?
  • My mom is starting to suffer from dementia – is there a way that I can help her with her banking and other financial issues?

The answers to these questions depend upon your unique circumstances. If these questions and others like them have been on your mind, a knowledgeable elder law attorney can provide you with answers and peace of mind.

Legal Documents Every Adult Should Have

  • Durable power of attorney: A power of attorney is a grant of authority to act for another person. A power of attorney is usually given to handle health care, financial and/or legal matters.
  • Last will and testament: This is your will, which distributes your possessions after you are gone. If you should die without one, the court will decide who gets what. This document should also be written by a lawyer if you want to be sure your instructions will be implemented.
  • Living will: This document expresses your preferences about treatments, should you become terminal and unable to communicate with your family and doctors.
  • Health care surrogate: A health care surrogate gives someone else the power to make health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated but not terminal.
  • Designation of pre-need guardian: A pre-need guardian becomes necessary if it is determined that you are incapacitated and the court insists that you have a guardian. This could happen if you become mentally or physically disabled and are no longer able to manage your financial affairs, your property or your health.

An Experienced Attorney Is Here For You

If you have concerns about incapacity planning and other elder law issues in Coral Springs, Boca Raton or elsewhere in South Florida, our law firm is here for you. You can contact our law office online or by telephone at (954) 866-1055 for an initial consultation.

5 Tips to Protect Your Savings from the Nursing Home

5 Tips to Protect Your Savings from the Nursing Home

Learn how to get care you or a loved one needs without losing everything. 

Download our FREE guide.

It's time to protect yourself & those you love.

Whether you are preparing for future long-term care needs, are seeking Veteran’s Benefits, or have a loved one entering or already in a nursing home, we are ready to assist you.

Take your first step by contacting us at (954) 866-1055 today.

Elder Lawyers Coral Springs
Skip to content